Valuations for Accounting, Reporting, Compliance and Tax Requirements, Including
SFAS 141, 142 and 157 Valuations
Click here>>> View or Download Brochure
♦ Mergers, acquisitions, sales, bankruptcies and other transactions
♦ SFAS 141(R) - Purchase price allocations and fresh start accounting
♦ SFAS 157 - Fair value measurement
♦ Compliance purposes
♦ SFAS 142 - Impairment testing (annually)
♦ SFAS 157 - Fair value measurements (3 mo., 6 mo. and annual programs)
♦ SFAS 115 - Notes and debt instruments
♦ SFAS 123 - Share-based payment
♦ SFAS 133 - Derivative instruments
♦ SFAS 144 - Impairment or disposal of long-lived assets
♦ Tax purposes
♦ All tangible and intangible assets
♦ Cost segregation
♦ Golden parachutes
♦ Non-compete and support agreements
♦ NOL limitations and built-in gains
♦ Ad valorem
Experienced Leadership in All Asset Classes
Intangible asset valuations are managed by an experienced team of experts, who have valued businesses and intangible assets for a variety of purposes including asset based lending, financial statement reporting, taxation, S-corporation conversions and dispute resolution.
Machinery and Equipment
Machinery and equipment valuations are conducted under the leadership of Steve Feldman. Steve’s experience includes hundreds of high-tech appraisal and disposition engagements. He has been a consultant to financial institutions on asset-based loans and recovery, and has testified as an expert witness on valuation in litigation. Steve, who has been an appraiser and industrial asset disposition professional for more than 30 years, is a Certified Equipment Appraiser (CEA) through the Association of Machinery and Equipment Appraisers (AMEA). He also holds membership in the Machinery Dealers National Association (MDNA).
Real estate valuations are conducted under the leadership of Todd Haney. Todd has over 12 years of valuation and consulting experience. He has earned the MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute.
Hilco’s “Added Value” Promise to You.
1. Hilco’s experienced and credentialed professionals will assist you in your FAS 141/142 valuation needs in a way that minimizes demands on management. We will partner with you and your auditors early in the process, ensuring that our valuations accurately reflect the value of your assets.
2. Hilco has worked with the audit groups of both large public and regional accounting firms. We are familiar with the methodologies required to accurately and expediently execute engagements.
3. Hilco can provide an integrated solution to your valuation needs. Hilco’s professionals regularly value intangible assets, machinery and equipment, real estate, inventory and accounts receivable.
4. Hilco can perform valuations for businesses ranging in size from small, single location operations to large, international operations involving multiple classes of assets. We have professionals located throughout North America and Europe.
5. Hilco provides a designated “point person” on every engagement to assure proper management of communications, process execution and quality control. Our valuation experts are available to provide valuation insights before, during, and after the transaction — partnering with you to get through the transaction mechanics so you can focus on your business.
6. Hilco’s team of valuation professionals works in accordance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). Our team members are associated with various professional valuation organizations, including the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), the Appraisal Institute (AI), and the Association of Machinery and Equipment Appraisers (AMEA).